Well I did it, here is my attempt at Domino’s no-bake strawberry pie. I will say, it is a rather easy recipe to make but I suggest making this pie the same day if you do decide to pick fresh strawberries…you want to enjoy the fresh taste!
2 lbs. strawberries, tops removed, quartered
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 of a lemon)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups raw almonds
1 3/4 cups pitted dates
1. Combine strawberries, lemon juice, vanilla and brown sugar. Mix well and let sit as you make the crust.
2. Place almonds in a blender or food processor and pulse on high until they resemble bread crumbs, about 1 minute. Empty into an oiled 9″ pie plate.
3. Put dates in blender with 1 tsp of water and pulse on high until well chopped, about 30 seconds…if they are a bit clumpy that is okay.
4. Combine almonds and dates until they hold together, then press evenly onto bottom and sides of pie plate to form crust.
5. Using your hands or spoon, pile strawberries into the crust, discard all remaining liquid. Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve.